Benefits of Dedicated Servers For Small Business
Friday April 29, 2011
For any business, no matter the size, it’s critical to have a website that maintains high performance and high security. If they don’t, they’ll likely lose customers and profits.
For a small business, hosting their business online can be a time consuming and complicated task, particularly if the business does not have the budget and physical resources to properly manage the server. To avoid such issues and receive numerous benefits, more small businesses are choosing dedicated servers.
By choosing a dedicated server, businesses are essentially renting a server from a hosting provider. The business received exclusive access to the server’s software and can access the data remotely, without being in the hosting provider’s datacenter.
Benefits of a Dedicated Server for Small Businesses
- Security: Since with a dedicated server there are no other users using the server, there will be no need to worry about their IPS becoming compromised as well as spam and viruses being sent from others on the server.
- Guaranteed disk space, CPU, RAM, and bandwidth: The result is faster website load times, faster response time, and the ability to manage high spikes in website traffic.
- Operating System Selection: With a dedicated server, businesses may choose their preferred operating system and other applications.
- Server Monitoring: Depending on the dedicated server package that is chosen, a small business will benefit from effective 24/7 server monitoring as well as security monitoring. Businesses can select a dedicated server host package where the host provider manages the technical aspects of the site to ensure high availability and performance is maintained.
- Faster Website: A dedicated server will help your website process and load faster, improving customer satisfaction and the chance of visitors converting into customers.
Dedicated Servers for a Growing Business
There are many benefits to having a dedicated server for your small business. When you are ready to upgrade from a shared server, a dedicated server is a good choice. It is important to make sure you know exactly what resources you will need when starting out so that you can reduce your costs. You can always add more resources as your online business grows.
Although it costs more for a dedicated server, the benefits make it an ideal business investment. If you are just starting out or have a small business, you can begin with just the basic services which will reduce costs while giving the benefit of a quality server to host your website.
Browse our servers or receive a free consultation.